Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Fly-By



I want to do a "fly-by" of this place sometime.

I'm on a journey. My wife invited me to join her for a three-month sabbatical adventure. It's going to be a long trip with a lot of time on the road (and even some in the air). We're going to visit some of our favorite places, see some long-time friends, stay with some family, do a lot of reading and a bit of studying, and eat In-n-Out burgers whenever we can.

It's going to be a great ride.

I live in Indiana and it's been described as "a great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit." I think this is true. It is a great place to live (except for the humidity) and raise a family, but hardly anyone ever visits us in Indiana.

Meanwhile there's Saturn. With all it's beauty and mystery, it's really a place I really want to see. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to live or visit there.

So, Indiana's got something on Saturn.

Might make coming home in December a little easier.

Next Adventure:  Departure

Check my blog links for other entries from this Odysseia site:http://transwarpodyssey.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Patty said...

Hhhmmm, seems to me we visited Indiana recently and had a great time there with you guys!

Enjoy In-n-Out and your time out here.